*Please note: these products are built to order*
The AFI-9 is a fully-arrayable loudspeaker capable of filling large churches, theaters, sports venues, and theme parks with clean, articulate full bandwidth sound. Available with a 60° x 40° mid-/high-frequency horn, the point source MF/HF section blends seamlessly with the dual horn-loaded low-frequency section, ensuring that the AFI-9 works flawlessly in any room configuration.
- Driver Complement: Low-Frequency: Two Apogee 12" (305mm) neodymium magnet conetype drivers are constructed of inherently waterproof compounds, providing very high resistance to moisture, enabling long-term stability of cone resonance and cone mass parameters. Magnet structure is encased in an integral heat-sink for long-term high-power applications, lowered distortion, and superb control of short-term impedance rise.
Mid-Frequency: Two Apogee 6-1/2" (165mm) permanent magnet conetype drivers are treated with waterproofing compound. In addition, a unique baffle mounting arrangement protects the driver cones from direct ingress of water or foreign elements. A totally enclosed frame design isolates the back wave output from interference with the low frequency chamber and protects the cone from any ingress of particles or moisture.
High-Frequency: One Apogee 4" (100mm) voice coil, 2" (51mm) exit horn, loaded compression driver, driven by a powerful neodymium magnet structure; diaphragm is constructed of ceramic-coated metal alloy. The use of the most up-to-date Ferrotec Ferrofluid® developed for compression drivers assures greater power handling capability and lower distortion, and ensures that the short- and long-term impedance rises are minimal.
- Input Connectors: Barrier strip, screw type #8
- Compatible Processors: Apogee DLC24 Digital
- Processor Handles: Two handles – one top, one bottom – designed as an integral part of the enclosure (no moving parts)
- Grille: Highly durable, heavy gauge steel with a quality powder-coated finish (aluminum used on SX version)
- Rigging Hardware: Six rigging points, three each on top and bottom, backed with 16- gauge steel plates; plates can be type 3/8"-16 or M10 thread
- Finish: Textured high-strength black epoxy paint; other colors optional
- Enclosure Type: 30 degree trapezoidal design with point-source radiation pattern
- Cabinet Construction: Multi-ply, void-free hardwood
- Options/Accessories: Apogee DLC24 Digital Processor; SX weather treatment for use in limited exposure enclosures; assorted rigging components